Our pistol caliber range is open to BISC members and the public. It features a 25 yard range for handguns and rifles firing handgun caliber cartridges. We can accommodate up to eight shooters in our well lit and secure facility.
BISC will continue operating in compliance with Washington State COVID guide lines. Please see our “COVID Safe Start Procedures For The Pistol Caliber Range” page for details on range open times and operating procedures
Range safety officers are present during scheduled range sessions to provide you a safe shooting environment. This is a “no blue sky” range.
Facilities & Equipment
Shooters enjoy shooting in a well lit and secure building with a cement floor on the firing line area and soundproofing panels on the ceiling. The range employs a hand crank system for setting targets at various distances. Rifles firing pistol caliber cartridges may be used
Training & Instruction
BISC offers training and instruction for shooters of all ages and skill levels More information can be found at our training page about this exciting sport.
Open Hours and Fees
- Monday – 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Saturday – 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- 1st and 4th Wednesday of each month – 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- 1st and 4th Thursday of each month – 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Operational hours are subject to change. Please refer to our range calendar for specific open times.
Single time use fees for:
- Adults – $15.00 per visit
- 14 & younger – $5.00
- Adults W/O an annual pass – $5.00 per visit
- Adult annual unlimited use pass – $75.00
Come shoot with us
- ALWAYS keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
- ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
- ALWAYS keep the gun unloaded until ready to use.
- Know your target and what is beyond
- Know how to use the firearm safely
- Be sure the firearm is safe to operate
- Use only the correct ammunition for the firearm
- Wear eye and ear protection as appropriate
- Never use alcohol or over-the-counter, prescription or other drugs before or while shooting
- Ranges are open to BISC members and the general public. Shooters must be over the age of 18 or accompanied by a parent, legal guardian or authorized coach.
- Ranges will only be open if a certified Range Safety Officer (RSO) is on duty. The RSO’s word is law on the range.
- No one at the ranges — shooters, guests, or spectators — may be under the influence of alcohol, prescription or other medications, or any substance that may impair normal mental and/or physical function or compromise safety.
- Consuming food and beverages is not permitted inside the range enclosures
- All shooters must show proof of attendance of a BISC approved range safety course or the RSO on duty will provide a range-specific safety briefing.
- All shooters must sign in and be approved for shooting by the RSO on duty.
- Shooters must comply with the RSO and with the Range Rules and Standard Operating Procedures at all times, including all range restrictions. Range Standard Operating Procedures are posted at each range for your use.
- Only firearms and ammunition producing ballistics compatible with the Pistol Range design are allowed. The On Duty RSO has final say as to which firearms and/or ammunition are permitted. Generally the following are allowed.
- Handguns up to and including .44 Magnum which have been “beam tested”
- Black powder firearms
- Air guns
- The following are NOT allowed:
- Tracer rounds
- Incendiary rounds